With the Jets having done their damage on Monday (signed Paul Stastny, traded for Brenden Dillon) and Tuesday (traded for Nate Schmidt, signed Eric Comrie) we hear from GM Kevin Cheveldayoff on a quiet free agent frenzy for his club. About the only newsy element from a Jets perspective is the players who are departing for new teams in 2021-22.
1) How would he describe the last 48 hours?
2) What does it say when guys will make a call to recruit?
3) How important was it to get it done via trades vs free agency?
4) Is he leaning towards the youth taking over the 4th line?
5) Is this roster sufficiently cap compliant?
6) Is he expecting the RFA deals to take awhile?
7) Where do the young prospects fit in with the now depth of the backend?
8) The acquisition of the two D this week the culmination of trying to fill the loss of Dustin Byfuglien?
9) Did the deals for Dillon and Schmidt come together quickly?
10) Term deals for Copp and Pionk.
11) Does he feel that he’s put this team in the best position to win a championship?
12) What can a guy like Nate Schmidt, whose energy level is so high, bring to the room?
13) Backup goalie situation?
14) The players departing and specifically Tucker Poolman.