News from the Blogs:
- Cult of Hockey: If the feds cough up tens of millions for a Quebec arena, what does that mean for Katz’s plans? Means he should be on a plane to Ottawa to remind Prime Minister Harper what province he comes from.
- Hit the Post: Flames new look. Will the new combo’s work out? Glad to hear the Fleury book was a good read. Don’t forget that Theo Fleury will be on the IC radio show next Wednesday.
- Preds on the Glass: Predators recall Cody Franson. Well hopefully he can help them improve on the lack of scoring.
- On the Wings: Franzen surgery was successful. Good news for Detroit fans. Bad news, he is still going to be out for four months.
- Hockey Independent: Have the Blackhawks become the Red Wings? Couldn’t think of a better team in the West that you should seek to emulate.
- Working the Corners: Nichol with Thornton and Heatley? That’s how things lined up at today’s practice. Nichol is a hard worker but promotion to the 1st line, interesting move.
- Rink Rap: Kopitar and the Kings both on the rise. While most fans want immediate results you have to admire the slow build that has been underway in L.A. as it looks like it might yield a big pay off.
- NHL Fanhouse: Georges Laraque shouldn’t be sorry in NHL’s hypocritical world. I totally agree. This is much ado about nothing.
- Empty Netters: Off-day skate with Dan Bylsma. He has his troops in excellent shape.
- Capitals Insider: Theodore: ‘It Was Just a Sharp, Sharp Pain’. Looks like it will be the Semyon show for the next week or so.
- Battle of Ontario: 74 Words that will make Leaf fans happy. While it won’t end the anguish currently being endured by Leafs nation, perhaps it will lessen their pain.
- The 6th Sens: One step to becoming a fan of #39. He is the new fan fav in the Nation’s capital.
- The Hockey News: Eye on Europe: Supersized KHL? So what you’re saying is the Russians are looking to invade Europe. Where have I seen this before?
- Hockey Analysis: NHL attendance issues. Clearly this isn’t a problem just in southern markets. Looking forward to the follow-up to see how this develops.
- Down Goes Brown: Six good things about six awful losses. Funny as per usual.
- Greatest Hockey Legends: Shoebox Memories: Norm MacIver. Who could forget the guy who scored the final goal in Winnipeg Jets history against the Wings in Game 6.
Congrats to Pavel Bure who got married October 10th: