News from the blogs:
- The Hockey News: Worst division in hockey. Oh how the mighty have fallen.
- Maple Leafs Hot Stove: Time for the kids. Some very good ideas on what the Leafs can do to get thing turned around.
- Lightning Strikes: Zenon Konopka, whom the Tampa Bay Lightning has given a chance to play, proving doubters wrong. Winning 20 of 30 draws is pretty decent and good for Coach Tocchet for giving him a chance.
- Brodeur is a Fraud: Close games. Devils picking up the extra 12 points is huge in those nail biters.
- Blue Seat Blogs: Curbing Ranger fans enthusiasm. Pragmatism is good. Pretty, pretty, pretty good.
- PensBurgh: Don’t look now, but Marc-Andre Fleury is 6-0. While clearly the defence has stepped up, MAF is playing some great hockey for the Pens right now.
- Flyers Goal Scored By: If Gagne doesn’t score trade him! Should they show patience for his slow start?
- Hitting the Post: Some Wild fans on verge of hysteria. I expect them to turn things around.
- Scoop on Flames: Iginla and Jokinen split up. They’ve gotta do something to get Jokinen going.
- Nucks Misconduct: Getting ready for Grabner. Appears Canuck fans expect him to be steady in his first NHL game.
- Cult of Hockey: Oilers prospect Jordan Eberle hits the big time. I’ve never named my stick, but I’ve also never appeared in a Nike commercial so perhaps it has merit.
- Jibblescribbits: So when should the Avs start Budaj? Looks like they are going to ride Anderson for every game this season.
- NHL Fanhouse: Blues and Wings flat since Sweden. I personally don’t like to see the season start overseas. I don’t think its fair to the fans but it apparently is a cash cow so I don’t see it going away.
- Defending Big D: Marty Turco’s brilliance leads Stars to big win. Which is exactly what the Stars need if they want to do anything this season.
- Behind the Net: Don’t panic. Perhaps Leaf fans don’t have to start worrying just yet.
- Puck Daddy: Jersey fouls. Some of these are beauts. Best I’ve ever seen was a Chelios jersey at Joe Louis Arena that was 1/2 Red Wings, 1/2 Blackhawks. Here it is, as worn by Chris Chelios’s mom (she is exempted from this being considered a ‘foul’);
Blair Henatyzen from FM93 interviews Walter Gretzky and gets some advice: