The Jets took Sunday off following a win over the Hawks on Sunday. Nothing unexpected today as we know Logan Stanley (slight foot fracture, out 2 weeks), Morgan Barron (wrist surgery, out 4-5 weeks) and Nikolaj Ehlers (undisclosed timeline, but wasn’t expected to practice today) won’t be on the ice.
As expected and confirmed by Ken Wiebe of Sportsnet no Nikolaj Ehlers (or the other two previously mentioned) on the ice at Canada Life this morning. Courtesy of Wieber we get the lines and D pairs below. He added this “Capobianco was working in, but early looks suggest Samberg is taking a more regular turn with DeMelo.”.
Lines and D pairs:
Harkins-Gustafsson-Gagner (Toninato worked in on 4th line)
Player media availability:
Coach media availability:
1) Improvements they’ve made since last time they faced Stars?
2) Changes he’s seen in Dallas this season? (:57)
3) 1st place battle between his former and current clubs (1:49)
4) Wanting team to keep “foot on gas”. (2:42)
5) What did he see from Capobianco/Harkins season debuts? (3:18)
6) Importance of team building activities (4:32)
7) Culture in the room (5:05)
8) Health updates on Ehlers/Stanley? (5:50)
9) Becoming a head coach again in Dallas (6:22)
10) What he learned about Jason Robertson (7:09)
Jets head coach Rick Bowness indicates Nikolaj Ehlers could skate by end of week. He said “No guarantees, but that is the hope.”
The Jets take on the old team of Rick Bowness in the Dallas Stars tomorrow to conclude this three-game homestand. Be sure start your morning with the Morning Papers which go live at 7 AM, stick with us throughout the day for the latest news and then after the game be part of the conversation on the Illegal Curve Post-Game Show after the Jets/Stars contest.