After a day of practice on Tuesday the Jets have another day of skating today as they prepare to face the Canadiens tomorrow night in Winnipeg to kick off a three-game homestand. They are doing it without Logan Stanley who is out a few weeks with a fracture in his foot while Nikolaj Ehlers is coming along slower than expected and is being examined further by team doctors. There is also the possibility that Mason Appleton is unavailable as he left yesterday’s practice early and Rick Bowness said he just “wasn’t feeling well”.
The team announced that they have placed Logan Stanley on IR retroactive to October 25th and that they have recalled Jansen Harkins on an emergency basis. Harkins went on a tear since he was assigned to the Moose putting up five goals and four assists in six games. Perhaps his recall has to do with Appleton’s availability.
As per Ken Wiebe of Sportsnet a number of players are missing from today’s skate including: Blake Wheeler, Pierre-Luc Dubois, Mason Appleton, Morgan Barron and Josh Morrissey. Wieber also provides the lines and D pairs below although they should be taken with a grain of salt given all the absences.
Lines and D pairs:
Player media availability:
Coach media availability:
1) Missing players from practice.
2) Thought process as to whether they use Toninato or Harkins next? (1:04)
3) Harkins having right attitude with Moose (1:36)
4) How is team adapting to his style of being a straight shooter? (2:16)
5) Team allowing Hellebuyck to bail them out to start games (2:59)
6) Any update on Nikolaj Ehlers? (3:52)
7) Thoughts behind practice drills (4:22)
8) His expectation team will play his style of game tomorrow (5:18)
9) Is the 4th line performing the way he wants them to? (6:00)
10) On what Axel Jonsson-Fjallby does well (7:04)
11) Goalie plan with a light schedule (7:46)
12) Plan for Kyle Capobianco (8:07)
Rick Bowness said Morgan Barron most likely will not play tomorrow against Montreal. Said he’s got an upper-body injury that’s been nagging at him and they need to figure out what they need to do about it.
A new month means a new contest and you’ll have 12 more chances to win authentic Jets jerseys, hats and shirts. But you cannot win if you do not enter so be sure to get your entries here.
The Jets will face the Habs on Thursday in the return of 2017 3rd rounder Johnny Kovacevic after he was claimed by Montreal off waivers. Since he was claimed he has been very impactful for his new club.
You can start your day with the Morning Papers which go live on illegalcurve.com at 7 AM, check out the pre-game report, stay with us throughout the day and then join us on the Illegal Curve Post-Game Show where we want you to be part of the conversation.