The Jets spent Monday returning from Vegas after three games on the road saw the NHL club of Winnipeg finish with a 2-0-1 record. They now play three straight at home starting with Montreal on Thursday.
Question marks surround the status of head coach Rick Bowness, winger Nikolaj Ehlers and defenceman Logan Stanley.
As per Mike McIntyre of the Winnipeg Free Press one of the three question marks was on the ice at the IcePlex as head coach Rick Bowness was leading his team through practice. Mike adds that Connor Hellebuyck isn’t skating but that it is likely giving him a rest after a busy night against the Golden Knights on Sunday. The lines and D pairs come courtesy of Mitchell Clinton of JetsTV.
Lines and D pairs:
Jonsson-Fjallby Gustafsson Maenalanen
Player media availability:
Coach media availability:
1) Update on his health and team assessment with games he missed.
2) How did team fall from Blues standard to road trip effort? (1:13)
3) How does he get team to change when they get points? (2:00)
4) Will he be on the bench next game? (3:09)
5) Battle drills (3:28)
6) Hellebuyck getting a rest today (4:08)
7) More on his health (4:39)
8) What’s the latest on Nikolaj Ehlers? (4:59)
9) Why was it important to get his team’s insight on what is wrong? (5:28)
10) Easier to hold players to standards when they set them? (6:42)
11) Having to sit and watch from a distance? (7:44)
12) How does he ignite passion? (8:53)
13) Mixing in big picture perspective (9:23)
14) Update on Logan Stanley? (10:33)
15) Update on Mason Appleton? (10:51)
16) His thoughts on Kyle Connor with 1 goal in 9 games (11:05)
17) How Cole Perfetti has progressed (11:54)
Head coach Rick Bowness confirmed that Logan Stanley has a slight foot fracture (will be out a couple of weeks). The other health related updated was regarding Nikolaj Ehlers there is no update other than “not healing as quick as expected. Will see doctor tomorrow.” The Jets bench boss did add that Mason Appleton, who according to reports left practice early, just “wasn’t feeling well”.
A new month means a new contest and you’ll have 12 more chances to win authentic Jets jerseys, hats and shirts. But you cannot win if you do not enter so be sure to get your entries here.
The Jets have another day of practice on Wednesday as they get set to welcome the Habs to town on Thursday.
You can start your day with the Morning Papers which go live on illegalcurve.com at 7 AM