The Jets had leads of 1-0, 2-1 and 4-3 tonight but ultimately two Boston Bruins goals in 33 seconds in the third period were the difference as the Bruins defeated the Jets 5-4. The Jets picked up five of a possible eight points on their four game road trip and are now 24-17-4 on the season.
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats here are the results from the game via Natural Stat Trick.
– David Pastrnak with 3G (up to 35 goals on the season)
– Mark Scheifele with 1G 1A (up to 22 goals on the season)
– Kyle Connor with 1G 1A; (up to 22 goals on the season)
– Nikolaj Ehlers with 2A;
– Andrew Copp scored a goal (his 7th of the year) which gives him 100 career regular season points
– Patrik Laine picked up his 100th career assist.
Coach Maurice: How did he think his team fared? Line changes/turnovers. How did he feel about the special teams tonight? Thoughts on Dmitry Kulikov’s return. Challenges of the Bruins top line. Evaluating the trip as a whole. What does he like about Luca Sbisa’s game? Did he expect that he would have such a big impact for the team? Looking ahead at the next block of games. What did he like about Copp on the 2nd line. Thoughts on the goaltending?
The Jets will return home to Winnipeg where they are scheduled to practice on Friday as they prepare to kick off three games at home starting on Sunday against the Predators. You can kick start your day with the Morning Papers which go live tomorrow at 7 am on illegalcurve.com.