- Another list of Top 10 hockey songs. Pretty much what you would expect here.
- Jonathan Roy will stand trial for his actions in a March 2008 brawl. I would wager that this trial will be VERY closely followed.
- The Sports Business Journal has an excellent article about the demise of former NHLPA boss Paul Kelly. Excellent read on what ultimately sealed Kelly’s fate.
- The weekly Hot List from The Hockey News features PK Subban, newly signed by the Montreal Canadiens. I expect him to be in the bleu, blanc et rouge soon.
- Greatest Hockey Legends lists the top 9 players to ever wear number 9.
- Another Top 10 hockey-associated songs from Psycho Lady Hockey. Everyone has music on their minds today.
- Blogger Brendan McIntyre has a thought provoking piece about the KHL filling the role of an alternative to the NHL for some players. Excerpt is below, full article is at this link. Do yourself a favour and give this one a read.
Now, just 30 years later, a role-reversal is beginning to occur. Talent is beginning to leave North America, finding home in a league operated under a government that once drove players from their own nation to North America’s hockey league, the NHL. A new Russian-based hockey league was created in the post-Soviet Union nations in the fall of 2008, the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL). The league has attracted some fine talent, including youngsters trying to break into the NHL as well as former stars trying to regain some of their past glory. But this is not the only caliber of player moving to Russia to play in the KHL.