With the Jets off on Sunday they return to the ice today and the biggest question is how many players might be inching back to a return to the lineup?
As per Mitchell Clinton of the Jets some news from the practice today with many faces returning to be part of skate. He indicated that:
Nate Schmidt is in a regular uniform. Cole Perfetti and Nikolaj Ehlers are in light blue (which he believes means they can take contact). Blake Wheeler and Saku Maenalanen in red, non-contact jerseys. Lastly, no Josh Morrissey this morning.
He also provides the line rushes and D pairs below.
Line rushes and D pairs:
Perfetti, Ehlers, Harkins (light blue)
Wheeler, Maenalanen (red)
Player media availability:
Coach media availability:
1) Status of injured players.
2) Status of Josh Morrissey? (:47)
3) Philosophy on young players (1:24)
4) Getting a chance to regain confidence by getting back on ice quickly (2:21)
5) Pride he takes in icing a disciplined team (3:12)
6) How does he get a team to subscribe to his message re: penalties (4:14)
7) Is it more difficult when the lineup is in flux? (4:58)
8) Bringing Kristian Reichel up (5:15)
9) Focusing on honouring guys who are stepping up for injured teammates (6:45)
10) Josh Morrissey extending his success and not reverting (8:00)
11) Seeing unrealized potential in players (9:28)
Defenceman Josh Morrissey was missing and head coach Rick Bowness said “he should be fine for tomorrow. It was a maintenance day. He should be fine for tomorrow.”
Jets merch contest:
December is over but there are still chances for you to win the grand prize of a pair of tickets to an NHL game of your choice. Only way you can win is by entering the Illegal Curve contest which you can do so here.
The Jets take on the Flames tomorrow in Winnipeg. Be sure start your morning with the Morning Papers which go live at 7 AM, stick with us throughout the day for the latest news and then after the game be part of the conversation on the Illegal Curve Post-Game Show after the Winnipeg/Calgary game.