The Jets were off on Monday following a split with the Flames and Kraken out on the road this last weekend. There are a number of questions marks given Nikolaj Ehlers might potentially return to skating today but they were being caution, Jansen Harkins got smoked in the face with a friendly fire puck on Saturday (needed a cage for rest of that game and didn’t play Sunday), Mason Appleton left the game on Sunday in Seattle (didn’t return) and lastly Logan Stanley, who was dealing with a slight foot fracture, was scheduled to be out a couple of weeks which time was set to conclude around now.
According to Scott Billeck of the Winnipeg Sun no Nikolaj Ehlers or Mason Appleton this morning. He also indicated that Connor Hellebuyck wasn’t skating with main group this morning but he had been informed that Hellebuyck skated earlier with goalie coach Wade Flaherty. Mitchell Clinton of JetsTV indicated that Dylan DeMelo is also not skating and he provides the lines and D pairs below.
Lines and D pairs:
Connor Scheifele Gagner
Perfetti Dubois Wheeler
Jonsson-Fjallby Lowry Eyssimont
Harkins Gustafsson Maenalanen
Player media availability:
Coach media availability:
1) Update on Nikolaj Ehlers
2) How do they designate who sits for a too many men penalty? (:42)
3) Hellebuyck’s practice time (1:39)
4) How will the schedule going forward impact how they practice? (2:26)
5) What has he learned about Josh Morrissey? (3:31)
6) Continuity with defence pairings (4:18)
7) What has he liked about David Rittich’s game? (5:17)
8) What is most important factor/trust for goalies? (6:04)
9) Teemu & Teppo memories (6:57)
10) The Hall of Fame ceremony last night (8:04)
The only health update was with respect to Nikolaj Ehlers who bench boss Rick Bowness advised in his media availability, could skate tomorrow if he feels like he did today.
A new month means a new contest and you’ll have more chances to win authentic Jets jerseys, hats and shirts. But you cannot win if you do not enter so be sure to get your entries here.
It will be another day of practice for the jets on Wednesday. Be sure start your morning with the Morning Papers which go live at 7 AM and then check back for the Practice Report.