The Jets started the road trip last night in Washington and left with just a single point after their OT defeat but more importantly could be without dynamic forward Nikolaj Ehlers for awhile. He has already been ruled out of tomorrow’s game against the Predators, after he suffered a knee-on-knee hit by the Capitals Dmitry Orlov.
Today in Nashville the team could have back defenceman Brenden Dillon and goalie Eric Comrie who were in covid protocol back on the 13th. Dillon was in Washington and sounded like he could have been a player potentially last night.
As per Mitchell Clinton of JetsTV it is an optional skate with several players missing (including Ehlers not surprisingly). He confirmed that Dillon and Comrie are not skating today. Adds that Blake Wheeler and Paul Stastny are both on the ice.
Interim head coach Dave Lowry said after practice in Nashville that Ehlers is being evaluated and that he won’t play the rest of the road trip.
Player media availability:
Coach media availability:
1) Guys and himself taking the optional.
2) Having a feel for when guys “have it” (1:31)
3) Is there an update on Nikolaj Ehlers (2:22)
4) His expectations re: Orlov’s hearing with Player Safety (2:49)
5) Any other injury updates? (3:22)
6) How does he decide where to slot Blake Wheeler when he returns? (3:58)
7) Did he consider challenging the Caps third goal? (4:46)
8) Benefit to postponed games with Wheeler missing a lot fewer games (5:27)
9) Impact of loss of Nikolaj Ehlers (6:02)
The road trip continues tomorrow night in Nashville with a good old central division battle. You can start your day with the Morning Papers which go live on illegalcurve.com at 7 AM, stick with us throughout the day for updates and then join the conversation on the Illegal Curve Post-Game Show.