Connect with us

Daily Papers

Winnipeg Jets Morning Papers (Tuesday, Nov. 1st)

Well done, Wellwood. Highlight reel. It’s buyer beware in Avery’s instance. Wellwood rises to occasion. Jets snapshots – providing an exciting brand. Vancouver’s Kane plays big part in Jets victory.

AHL Affiliate News: It’s been snow going for the IceCaps.

Winnipeg Free Press:  Well done, WellwoodI like what Wellwood has brought to the table so far.  The much maligned forward has put forth an excellent effort almost every night and has 5 goals and 4 assists in 11 games.

Winnipeg Free Press:  Highlight reelUnlike the Jets 1.0, these Jets got the call in the 3rd period.  Many years of having calls go against the Jets 1.0 had me expecting the league to call off Evander Kane’s goal as a result of a high stick.

Winnipeg Free Press:  It’s buyer beware in Avery’s instanceWith the Stars on the hook for 50% of his salary and the Rangers paying 25%, any team who wants to take a chance on claiming him (Rangers put him on recall waivers) would only be out 25% of his 4 million dollar salaryDoesn’t sound like the Jets will be taking that chance however.

Winnipeg Sun:  Wellwood rises to occasionHe is a cerebral guy off the ice but is showing that he is an equally deep thinker on it as well.

Winnipeg Sun:  Jets snapshots – providing an exciting brandEverything from the Jets game last night, to coach Noel’s victory on his bday to the play of Jets goalie Pavelec and many more thoughts including use of Stapleton in shootout.
Stapleton

News1130:  Vancouver’s Kane plays big part in Jets victoryHe definitely played a major role in last night’s victory with his two goals.

IceCaps News:

The Telegram:  It’s been snow going for the IceCapsAh the joys of minor league hockey.  The peril of riding the bus in the sometimes unpredictable East coast fall weather was realized as the IceCaps made their way to Rhode Island.

ICYMI: First of the Jets training camp cuts were made on Tuesday.

https://illegalcurve.com/winnipeg-jets-make-first-cuts-of-2022-23-training-camp/

The Jets are scheduled hit the ice for day 7 of training camp on Wednesday.

The Morning Papers which will go live tomorrow at 7 am on https://illegalcurve.com.

Check out the Jets post-game recap following the fist win of the pre-season.

https://illegalcurve.com/pre-season-game-2-jets-5-senators-3-post-game-recap/

Load More

Subscribe to Podcast