The Jets rookies gathered today at the IcePlex for their first official skate to kick off the start of rookie camp. From familiar faces like 2020 1st rounder Cole Perfetti to newly drafted prospects from the draft in Montreal including Brad Lambert (1st), Danny Zhilkin (3rd) and Domenic Divincentiis (7th).
Another face folks have been curious about is 2021 first rounder Chaz Lucius who signed his ELC with Winnipeg this summer. After dealing with a frustrating season in college he has options in 2022-23 as he could play in the NHL with Winnipeg, the AHL with Manitoba or the WHL with Seattle.
The camp is being run by Moose head coach Mark Morrison as well as by his assistants Eric Dubois and Nolan Baumgartner. Jets development coach Mike Keane was also on the ice today.
For those curious about the lines, while I was in attendance I didn’t pay close enough attention to notice, however that is where Mike McIntyre of the Winnipeg Free Press helps out as he had them as follows:
Worth noting that Tyrel Bauer was in a yellow, non-contact uniform but that just means he wasn’t taking contact. He was still giving it out. No surprise there.
Player media availability:
Coach media availability:
1) Assessment of the skate.
2) Line combinations (:41)
3) Benefits to Cole Perfetti getting reps (1:14)
4) Building relationships amongst prospects (1:48)
5) Are they making assessments this week? (2:12)
6) Off ice team bonding (2:38)
7) What does he want to accomplish next four days? (3:19)
8) Understanding that it is mid September re: systems (4:09)
9) Status of Tyrel Bauer (4:44)
10) Building Brad Lambert’s confidence (5:22)
11) Is the message the same to all players? (5:58)
The rookies fly to Penticton, BC where they will get ready to face the Flames rookies on Friday.