The Moose came into action having won three straight at Bell MTS Place and have secured a point in 11 straight (10-0-0-1) which included the first game of this series with division rival Chicago on Wednesday night when they held on for the 4-2 victory.
– Chicago opened the scoring on a delayed penalty call;
– Wolves have been nearly unbeatable when leading after 20 minutes;
– Moose did hit iron twice in the opening frame;
– It was the Eric Comrie show in the 1st as he kept his team in the game;
– Moose came out with gusto in the middle frame;
– Michael Spacek is back to scoring on the power play as he tied the game;
– Tucker Poolman points streak hit 7 games (1G 7A);
– JC Lipon skated hard and got puck over to Cam Maclise whose 1st of year made it 2-1 for the Moose;
– Michael Spacek was forced to leave the game twice after getting a puck to the face (twice);
– Seth Griffith buried a no look pass by Logan Shaw to make it 3-1 in the 3rd;
– Wolves scored once with the goalie pulled but that is as close as they got.
– With the win the Moose improve to 24-21-3-2 and are within sniffing distance of the playoffs.
It was another showcase evening for Moose goalie Eric Comrie who made 38 saves in another win for Manitoba. He’s faced the most shots in the AHL (by a country mile), a save % in top 3 of the league and he picks up his 19th win of the season (MB have 24 total).
The win gives the Moose a 12 game streak at home as they have now gone 11-0-0-1 at Bell MTS Place.
Next Game Action:
In the fifth game of a six-game home stand, the Moose will play host to the Admirals on Sunday, February 17 at Bell-MTS Place at 2 pm.