What team beat writers are saying early this afternoon:
- The Bruins had some new-look lines at practice today. Bruins better get going or the Devils/Capitals will catch them.
- John Vogl of the Buffalo news defends the Sabres’ effort last night. It is a big step to question a team’s lack of effort.
- Even though the Flames have dropped three straight, Robyn Regehr doesn’t want to see any drastic changes. Good leaders don’t panic, and Regehr is a great leader.
- Are Stars fans already prepping for a summer makeover? If Turco doesn’t get his act together, that’s probably a good plan.
- The Oilers deserved better last night, writes Dave Staples. They need to get Hemsky going again.
- Brent Sutter changed lines during the Devils’ game versus the Flames and kept them the same for practice this morning. It is hard to question any of Sutter’s decisions.
- Steve Downie’s 20-game suspension has been upheld by the AHL. It was foolish for Tampa to appeal that suspension in the first place.