What team beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- The Ducks’ newest players are really starting to settle in. People expect immediate results but transition periods take time; especially for players who have never been traded.
- After some injury concern, the Bruins say that both David Krejci and Phil Kessel will suit up tonight. Obviously great news for a team that needs to get back to its old ways.
- Patrick Lalime is slated to start tonight for Buffalo. Wonder when Tellqvist gets in there.
- The Flames are switching their AHL affiliate at season’s end, as Quad City is folding. Have been rumors about this for a while.
- Cam Ward was tremendous last night for the Hurricanes. There is an argument to be made for him being in the top 3-4-5 for the Vezina.
- The Blackhawks have decided to freeze season ticket prices for next season. Considering the team’s new found popularity, the Hawks could have gone a different way; but this is clearly the right move.
- Steve Mason is questionable for tonight’s game with a cold. They need him playing every game down the stretch.
- Brent Sutter comments on rumors he may leave after the season to return home to Alberta. Stan Fischler didn’t sound convinced that was going to happen last night on the IllegalCurve.com Radio Show.
- Donald Brashear is questionable tonight with a concussion. He was hurt after being knocked down hard by Wade Belak, so don’t expect him to suit up.