What team beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- Some good reasons why the Ducks are looking for a new AHL affiliate. The Ducks are still looking for a new affiliate, and it seems likely the team’s players will disperse through a couple AHL teams for the upcoming season.
- A decision from Judge Redfield Baum is expected to make a ruling today. As Vogl said, an appeal is almost a certainty.
- The Hurricanes have re-signed Paul Maurice for a three-year term. There was speculation that if Ron Francis wanted the job, it was his and that Maurice would move upstairs. However, the fact that the same coaching staff that led this team to the Conference Final is coming back is great news for Hurricanes fans.
- Jonas Gustavsson is going to be visiting Colorado in the next couple days. I’m pretty sure he’s headed to the Leafs.
- What will the Stars’ defense group look like next season? Still some good young talent htere.
- Some news and notes from South Florida about the Panthers. Pete DeBoer should be looked at as an asset. He’s a great coach, and did a terrific job with that team this season.
- Watching the Final should be a sign for Wild fans that success is still a long way away. Chuck Fletcher is the right man for that job but patience will be a virtue for Wild fans.
- Derian Hatcher has retired from the NHL. The new rules were not kind to Hatcher, but prior to the changes, he was a top defensive defenseman for the Stars for many years.