What team beat writers are saying just before puck drop of Game 7:
Stanley Cup Final
- Dave Dye of the Detroit News predicts that the Wings win the Cup tonight. I already twittered this, but I am saying Penguins 3, Wings 2. Crosby gets two goals and steals the Conn Smythe from Malkin. Bold–I know, but can’t backtrack from my Penguins in 7 prediction now!
- Terry Crisp’s heart says Pittsburgh, but his head says Detroit. Most people are probably thinking the same way.
- Here are some Game 7 numbers from Empty Netters. The go-to-guy for Penguins information all series long.
- Todd Marchant had successful foot surgery today. Still one of my favorite grinders in the NHL.
- Brendan Morrison gives Stars fans an inside look on what team to expect from Marc Crawford. Good work by Richard Durrett getting this kind of insight from Morrison.
- Will money talk for the Oilers in their pursuit of Dany Heatley? Well, one thing is for sure, it never hurts.
- Michael Russo was punked by Jacques Lemaire last night. Say what you will about Lemaire’s coaching style, he is one of the funnier and more laid back guys in the business.