Word from around the blogs:
- Puck Rakers: Mason suffering back spasms. That is not good news for the Jackets.
- Babcock’s Death Stare: Take that Arby’s. The poor fast food franchise had to give away a lot of curly fries today. Datsyuk’s deflection goal was the nicest goal of the game.
- Cult of Hockey: Oilers can’t seem to handle an aggressive penalty kill. What can the Oilers do to right the ship?
- Canucks Hockey Blog: Hovering around .500. When this team is healthy playing at .500 isn’t acceptable. I think a healthy Luongo will make a big difference.
- Inside Hockey: A whirlwind day for Sabres rookie. Nice way to start off an NHL career.
- Sens Army: Same old Ottawa Senators. Good news is they are only 2 points out of playoff spot.
- Puck Daddy: Savard, Bruins reportedly near deal; another off Leafs’ wish list? Boston needs to get him signed.
- Brodeur is a Fraud: Why goalie equipment was not responsible for the scoring drop. I’d have to agree with his assertion, especially after the 8 goals in the 3rd period I witnessed at last night’s Wings/Ducks game.
- T.O. Sports: Ritters Rants about Olympic Goalies, Kessel, Crosby, Peverley, Danton, and more. Another good rant by Ritter.
- Behind the Net: How bad teams outshoot their opponents at even-strength. Sure looks like the Leafs are making some bad decisions when they have a lead.
- Hockey Indendent: Rate the embarrassing video. While I thought it couldn’t get any worse than watching the “rapping” ability of the Boston College hockey team, the Sasson jeans commercial by the 79′ Rangers was way worse (and by worse I mean funny).
- Hockey Rumours: Weekend NHL Rumours including Kostitsyns, Forsberg, Scott Niedermayer. Hawks fans should be happy if the news proves to be true.
Post Game Thoughts from yesterday’s Wings/Ducks game*:
The game started with a presentation to Nick Lidstrom for achieving 1000 points in his career:
The fans behind Hiller even got a wave going, which went around the Joe about 4-5 times:
During the 3rd period, in which the teams exchanged 8 goals, was one of the most exciting periods of hockey I’ve ever seen live. It culminated in Zetterberg’s empty net hat trick goal, and here came the hats:
*Special thanks to BleedRed&White who was gracious enough to give me his seats for yesterday’s game!!