Word from around the blogs:
- Puck Daddy: NHL’s next Forsberg sweepstakes ends before it begins. That’s a shame, but we can probably expect to see him playing in Vancouver in 2010, for Team Sweden.
- The Hockey News: Current-day Caps built on Jagr deal. A testament to short term pain for some long term gain.
- Greatest Hockey Legends: Some classic snap shots of Wayne Gretzky. Some good pictures.
- Globe Sports: Gretzky enjoying break. As per usual Eric Duhatschek column is a must read.
- Dobber Hockey: The art of internal compete. No position in hockey faces this concept more than goaltenders.
- MSG: Ranking the Bad Boys of hockey. What, no Shawn Cronin on the list?
- NHL Fanhouse: ‘The Hammer’ enters Flyers Hall of Fame. Shocked he only played on the team for 4 years, as he seems to symbolize Broad Street Bullies.
- Spector Blog: Poor drafting one reason for Leafs woes. With all that money perhaps its time the Leafs bumbed up their spending on scouts.
- Faceoff Factor: Charting the Pens progress. With all the injuries they have suffered this season, surprising that the numbers are so consistent.
- Japers’ Rink: A tale of two goaltenders. Tandems can sometimes work.
- Hitting the Post: Some more telling stats about the Wild. No wonder they are 14th in the West.
From the guys over at Bloge Salming come this rap about buyouts: