Word from around the blogs and the goal of the night:
- Black Dog Hates Skunks: Can you hear the drums Fernando? It would be a shame if this knocks him from the game, but hopefully he can get in under control and be back soon for the Oilers.
- Wild Nation: Here comes the Cal Clutterbuck bobblehead. This is the 2nd time this week we have complaints about Bobbleheads (Devils fans were complaining as well). You’d think the companies making them would do a better job of recreating the players likeness.
- Kings Vision: Behind the scenes of Luc Robitaille’s appearance on Jay Leno. Worth watching just to see Heidi Androl.
- Morning Skate: Entire transcript of Dave Checketts’ press conference. Seems to be a vote of confidence for the Blues coaching staff.
- NHL Fanhouse: What’s happened to Steve Mason? Have to agree with the conclusion. The Datsyuk goal he gave up in the 9-1 loss to Detroit was odd.
- Fire & Ice: Lemaire believes Devils can play better. Devils fans have to love him wanting the team to get better with a club that has won nine straight road games.
- Broad Street Hockey: An interviews with goalie prospect Jacob DeSerres. Good Q & A.
- Tips for Hockey: How big a factor is Malkin’s absence? I agree that it was likely a combination of more than just one thing, but watching that Bruins/Penguins game, you couldn’t help but notice the lack of Malkin’s presence.
- Japers’ Rink: Familiarity breeds good defense. The health benefit down the road could be HUGE for the Caps come playoff time.
- Rink Rap: Kovalchuk is back to thrash. As I said yesterday, the Rangers were hoping he’d take one more game off, but unfortunately for them he didn’t and managed to lead his team to victory.
- Sen Say: What to do? I agree that it isn’t time to panic over Leclaire as he has has a lot of time off from playing and it was bound to take him some time to get back into the mode.
- The Bruins Blog: Searching for some scoring. They can’t get back Lucic soon enough.
- The Hockey News: Hargrove tells his side of NHLPA story. Good article by Campbell. After years of stability under Goodenow, it is amazing how many people have left or were fired.
- Icethetics: Avalanche unveil 3rd jersey. It’s ok, but not very imaginative.
- From the Rink: How waiver exemption paved way for Backstrom’s NHL career. One could only imagine what the Wild season would look like if they didn’t have him in the lineup.
- Manofest: 10 funniest moments in Sports fan history. Not all hockey related but some pretty damn funny videos.
- Puck Daddy: College Hockey 101 – Five fun traditions you won’t find elsewhere. I still haven’t attended a college hockey game but am looking forward to checking out a game.
- College Hockey News: Michigan-Michigan State set to renew rivalry. Such a great hockey rivalry and while they won’t be expecting as many fans as they had at the Cold War game, it should be a really good tilt tonight.
Check out IC on Twitter for the latest hockey news. It’s ok. Not terribly imaginative.
The unstoppable goalie: