Yesterday the AHL revealed the home openers for the 2019-20 season. We learned that the Moose will begin the season on the road in San Antonio on October 4th and will have their home opener a week later on October 11th when they welcome the Toronto Marlies to town. Today they revealed the remaining 74 games on the Moose calendar. Here is what we know:
Central – 60 games
Within their division they play six teams (Grand Rapids, Milwaukee, Iowa, San Antonio, Rockford and Texas) eight times while they play Chicago a whopping 12 times this season including three straight games in February.
Pacific – 4 games
From 16 games last year to just four this season all against the Colorado Eagles.
North – 12 games
The Moose will play the three other Canadian teams (Laval, Toronto and Belleville) four times each.
Here is a link to the PDF.
– Play 12 Saturday games;
– Play 28 of 38 home games on the weekend/holidays;
– Play 15 afternoon home games;
– Play 27 back-to-back games;
– Play one series of three games in three days (March 13, 14, 15);
– Play one school day game (Nov 6th in Milwaukee at 10:30 AM);
– Play the Wolves three straight games (Feb 1st in Chicago and then Feb 6th/7th in Wpg);
– October should be a fun month. Six Jets games and four Moose games in 13 days between October 10th and the 22nd;
– February as well. Seven Jets games and six Moose games in 15 days between February 4th and 18th.
– They play the final 19 games of the season against the Central which will important in terms of playoff position;
– In total the Moose play 11 of the 30 other AHL teams. According to Tony Androckitis, who covers the AHL, a team like Stockton in the Pacific Division will only play seven other teams while Leigh Valley will play 15 of the 30.
The Moose will reveal their full promotional schedule on Thursday, July 11th.