Some news and notes from around the blogs:
- Snapshots: Positing a Red Wings-related rumor, reservations included. George isn’t one for spreading rumours and this does come from the mouth of Red Wings senior vice-president Jimmy Devellano. George ends his article stating he doesn’t believe the hype but suggests that when the Wings front office mentions a player by name, Wings fans should pay attention. So perhaps take this with a grain of salt.
- SenSay: The Tortoise & the Hare. Looking at some of the teams that are “sure bets” and other that aren’t in the Heatly sweepstakes. I can’t see Heatley agreeing to go to the Panthers. Didn’t he only want to play for a contender? Well actually perhaps that’s not true if it’s true that he wanted to go to the Rangers.
- Dobber Hockey: Introduces us to the next great American defenseman. The Capitals scouting staff deserves a major bonus if he turns out to be the stud defenceman they anticipate.
- Crash the Crease: Why to be a positive hockey fan for the Flames. No question Flames fans should be positive. The team did pretty well in the post season considering the injuries and with the addition of Bouwmeester, the power play might become one of the more dangerous ones in the NHL.
- The Copper & Blue: Shawn Horcoff on defensive zone draws, quality of competition and Andrew Cogliano. No big surprises here. Oilers need to add some depth.
- In Lou We Trust: Jacques Lemaire wants the New Jersey Devils to be a “Transition Team”. Won’t it be interesting to see a Lemaire coached team play a non-trap style game. Wanting to create speed should make the game more enjoyable for the fans to watch.
- Faceoff Factor: Why not Tangradi? Makes a good argument as to why this young gun should be given the opportunity in camp.
- Puck Daddy: Five suggestions to improve the NHL network. It amazes me how much people enjoy the classic games. A buddy calls me everytime a Jets/Oilers playoff game is being televised.
- The Hockey News: 30 Things to remember this Season.