Feb. 17, 2018 – Manitoba Moose vs. Grand Rapids Griffins
– Moose out shot 16-11 after 20 minutes and out scored 2-0;
– Opening period was a bit more wide open than you might have expected;
– Home side shot more in middle frame but couldn’t score while the visitors added one more;
– The Moose are the third highest scoring team in the entire AHL averaging 3.5 goals per game. Obviously missing big scorers (Roslovic, Petan) but they’ve been shutout 10 of the last 11 periods at Bell MTS Place.
The only guy in a Moose jersey who is scoring tonight at Bell MTS Place…. pic.twitter.com/HJdCYhJeA2
— Dave Minuk (@ICdave) February 18, 2018
– Final frame didn’t start off well for home side as they gave up a shorthanded goal;
– It was the third goal of the game for Dominic Turgeon (natural hat trick);
– Griffins goalie Jared Coreau with a successful weekend picking up two wins, makes 66 saves with two shutouts;
– Moose have been held without a goal in 11 of the last 12 periods;
– Just third time all season the Moose have lost back to back games in regulation;
– Moose are now 32-13-4-3.
Next Game Action
Monday, February 19, 2 pm, at Bell-MTS Place vs. Miluwaukee.