After two days of practice the Jets will do battle with the Canucks for the first time this season. While Tucker Poolman was removed from the NHL’s CPRA list on Friday he is simply expected to rejoin his teammates and get back into the pace of practicing with the squad.
As per Ken Wiebe of Sportsnet it was a quick skate and he expects that the lines and D pairs will be the same as what they used in yesterday’s practice. He added
“Those #NHLJets on the ice for extra work this morning include: G Laurent Brossoit, G Anton Forsberg, D Ville Heinola, D Dylan Samberg, D Sami Niku, F Cole Perfetti, F Kristian Vesalainen, F Dominic Toninato (LTIR).”
Kristian Vesalainen and Logan Stanley were recalled from the taxi squad.
Projected lines and D pairs:
1. Update on Tucker Poolman
2. Playing a late game/moving past Al Arbour on all time games coached list.
3. Is there a particular player who fits as a duo with Adam Lowry?
4. The Jets winning streak against the Canucks.
5. Contrast in styles of games.
6. Do the Canucks gain an advantage with start time?
7. What are the conversations like with Ville Heinola?
8. Making a decision between Logan Stanley and Ville Heinola.
9. On the Canucks defence generating.
Puck drop is at 9:00 pm CT. Be sure to head over to illegalcurve.com following the game for a recap of the action which includes post-game interviews from the Jets room as well as from coach Maurice.