The Jets are now 42-19-10 with tonight’s 6-2 win over division rival Hawks to kick to win their first game of this six-game homestand.
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats here are the results from tonight’s game via Natural Stat Trick.
– 11 seconds into this one and Jets fans were Saad when the Hawks scored 1st;
– Coach Maurice challenged for offside;
– Ref ruled it onside (which sounded like offside);
– Jets went on a run a Paul Stastny tied the game with his third goal with Winnipeg;
– Patrik Laine drew an assist to keep the points streak alive at 14 games (16G 8A);
– Joel Armia scored his 12th of the season on a tip;
– Jacob Trouba got the primary assist on Armia’s goal in his first game after missing 20;
– Jack Roslovic went full Happy Gilmore to score his 4th of the season to make it 3-1 unassisted;
– It chased JF Berube from the net;
– Bryan Little scored his 14th to make it 4-1 for the the Jets and the route was on 10th shot of period;
– Next shot and another goal as Little set up Kyle Connor who got his 24th of season to make it 5-1.
– Shots finished up 13-11 for the Jets.
– Unlike the 1st it was a fast “slow” period without much significant happening;
– Hawks did get one back as Patrick Sharp got one for Chicago to make it 5-2
– Shots finished up 10-11 for the Jets so they hold a 23-20 edge in that department.
– J-F Berube made some really nice saves throughout the period;
– Neither side really did much.
– Again the Jets held the edge in shots 16-7 and finished off up 39-27.
– Kyle Connor had two goals (24, 25);
– Jack Roslovic had a goal (4) and assist (8);
– Bryan Little had a goal (14) and assist (25);
– Blake Wheeler got his 60th of season. First time in his career he’s hit that, tied his career high for points with 78;
– Jacob Trouba (in his first game back in the lineup) had two assists;
– Patrik Laine has a 14 game points streak (16 goals and eight assists);
– Paul Stastny has 3 goals and 8 assists in his eight games with the Jets.
Coach Maurice: On limiting Trouba’s minutes. On Trouba’s adding offense to the Jets backend. Play of the Jets in the neutral zone. Response by the Jets after giving up the first goal. Thoughts on Kyle Connor. Who gets the credit for the Jets players coming back into the lineup “so healthy”.