If you weren’t paying attention on Monday fear not as this handy page will provide you with the full 411 on the moves made yesterday by Winnipeg. What we do know that is relevant to tonight’s game is that Andrew Copp is no longer available but the team hopes that both Mason Appleton and Zach Sanford are able to play tonight on a revamped third line.
We know Cole Perfetti won’t be playing anytime soon and that the Jets reassigned three players to the Moose to maintain their AHL playoff eligibility although these may have been paper transactions.
There is also the question of Adam Lowry who was held out of the game in Chicago on Sunday due to covid protocol.
Last question would appear to be who is gonna be your starting goalie?
The Jets recalled Ville Heinola to the big club on an emergency basis.
As per Mitchell Clinton of JetsTV both Mason Appleton and Zach Sanford are on the ice for skate today. He also indicated that Connor Hellebuyck is going through his usual starting routine.
Some added news via Mike McIntyre of the Winnipeg Free Press is that Adam Lowry isn’t present and it looks like Paul Stastny is dropping back down to the third line to play centre. Mike provides the updated lines from morning skate.
Jets projected lines & D pairs:
Player media availability:
Coach media availability:
1) His reaction to Trade Deadline Day and how he feels the team is positioned for last 19 games.
2) On Appleton and Sanford helping the Jets team identity. (1:02)
3) The process of determining his lines (1:57)
4) Status update on Adam Lowry (2:42)
5) More on the configuration of the lines (3:33)
6) The skillset that Mason Appleton brings (4:17)
7) The lighter mood of the Jets today (4:54)
8) Keeping Paul Stastny in the fold (5:47)
9) What is he expecting different from Vegas? (6:24)
Puck drop is at 7:00 pm CST. Be sure to head over to illegalcurve.com following the game for a recap of the action which includes post-game interviews from Jets players as well as from interim head coach Dave Lowry.