The Jets are now 35-15-9 with the 7-2 win over Panthers. They are now 23-5-2 at Bell MTS Place including 6-2-1- in nine games of this ten game home stand.
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats here are the results from tonight’s game via Natural Stat Trick.
– Kyle Connor’s 20th of the season tied the game on the power play on a nifty pass by Blake Wheeler;
– It was Wheeler’s 49th assist of the season;
– The Jets second goal was a weird one. Nikolaj Ehlers tossed it on net and it redirected off a Panthers dman and in;
– It was Ehlers 23rd of the season;
– Connor Hellebuyck made a save of the year candidate stop with the score tied at 2;
Connor Hellebuyck has made a lot of nice saves this season. By my count 1340 to this point but this one, saving a sure goal by Panthers captain Derek MacKenzie, has to be one of the nicest. https://t.co/HxiB9JXhr3 pic.twitter.com/GremPPcwme
— Dave Minuk (@ICdave) February 19, 2018
– The Jets re-took the lead when Mark Scheifele was left wide open in front and buried his 18th to make it 3-2;
– Blake Wheeler got his 50th assist of the season;
– Kyle Connor got his second of the game when Blake Wheeler fed him perfectly in front to make it 4-2;
– It meant Wheeler had the hat trick of assists with his third of the game and 51st of the season;
– Tyler Myers also picked up a hat trick of assists as he passed it over to Bryan Little to make it 5-2;
– After going nine games without, Mathieu Perreault scored his 16th of the season to make it 6-2;
– Patrik Laine’s 27th goal of the season made it 7-2;
– Connor Hellebuyck is up to 31-8-8 on the season.
– Blake Wheeler had 3 assists (49, 50, 51);
– Tyler Myers had 3 assists (24, 25, 26)
– Kyle Connor had 2 goals (20, 21).
– Mathieu Perreault had a goal (16) and assist (20);
– Bryan Little had a goal (13) and assist (22);
– Patrik Laine had a goal (27) and assist (19).
Coach Maurice: On the growth in Kyle Connor’s game. The passing element of Blake Wheeler’s game. Did his bench get a lift by the Hellebuyck save in the 2nd? Is there any guidance from them on when to shoot/pass?