The Jets are looking to finish off their five-game road trip tonight in Toronto with a win having gone 3-1-0 in their first four games of the trip out east.
No morning skate for the Jets who played last night in Ottawa so we will have to wait until 3:30 PM CT when head coach Paul Maurice speaks to find out about any lineup news. For now the projected roster is based on how the 3rd period began for the Jets (with the top two lines seeing changes from the start of the game) and the assumption that Connor Hellebuyck starts in net.
Jets coach Paul Maurice confirms that Ville Heinola comes in for Logan Stanley. He also said there is still a question mark for their group tonight up front which means it could be a double-Finnish lineup adjustment with Kristian Vesalainen would be available if they need a player up front.
As per Jets PR they have recalled Ville Heinola and Kristian Vesalainen (emergency).
Jets projected lines & D pairs:
TSN reporter Mark Masters reported that Auston Matthews will not play tonight and that Winnipegger Adam Brooks is playing. He also indicated that Jack Campbell will be between the pipes.
Coach media availability:
1. Lineup decisions for tonight?
2. What went into thinking of putting Ville Heinola in for Logan Stanley?
3. What was conversation like with Logan Stanley?
4. Is there a danger to taking Leafs too lightly when Auston Matthews is out of lineup?
5. Would Kristian Vesalainen be next forward up?
6. How has Ville Heinola handled the stretch without playing?
7. Who will Ville Heinola be paired with?
8. Value of playing Ville Heinola against the Leafs?
9. On Connor Hellebuyck ability to bounce back.
10. How much will he learn about his team over course of next seven games?
Puck drop is at 6:00 pm CDT. Be sure to head over to illegalcurve.com following the game for a recap of the action which includes post-game interviews from Jets players as well as from head coach Paul Maurice. You can also join us afterwards for our post-game show here (be sure to smash that like/subscribe button).