The Jets rolled over the Detroit Red Wings tonight courtesy of their 5-1 win which improves them to 19-10-2 on the season. The Jets are now 7-1-1 in their last nine games at Bell MTS Place.
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats here are the results from the game via Natural Stat Trick.
– Adam Lowry scored a goal in back to back games for the first time this season;
– Lowry scored the first shorthanded goal for the Jets this season;
– Mark Scheifele scored his team leading 14th goal of the season;
– Scheifele has goals in four straight games (5 goals total);
– Andrew Copp had 1G 1A;
– Blake Wheeler had 1G 1A.
– Lowry also passed Ray Ferraro for 19th most goals in franchise history (57)
– Nikolaj Ehlers passes Evander Kane for 10th in team scoring. (223);
– Blake Wheeler scored his 200th goal with the organization (193 with Jets, 7 with Thrashers).
Coach Maurice: Whether the shorthanded goal for the Jets swung the momentum in their favour. The switch of Roslovic and Perreault. Patrik Laine’s goal. What worked so well in the zone on the Copp goal? Was there anything he had to do to temper any arrogance from infecting their game? Quiet game for Laurent Brossoit? On the Jets continuing to backcheck hard when the game is 5-1 for the home side. On Hellebuyck having to go into the game. What is the biggest area of growth he has seen in Andrew Copp’s game? Did he think the challenged goal was going to count?
Coach Blashill: Where did the game turn? The losses going from one-goal games (last season) to these types of results. What did he think of Eric Comrie in his first start for the Wings? How do you build mental toughness to ride out bad “puck luck”? What can he learn from tonight’s game that will help them on Thursday? Play of Filip Zadina. Issue with the Red Wings plane. What would a win do for this team right now? The spotlight on him as the coach.
The Jets will practice on Wednesday before they head to Detroit to complete the home and home series with the Red Wings on Thursday. You can kick start your day with the Morning Papers which go live tomorrow at 7 am on illegalcurve.com.