The Jets delivered some good and bad news on Monday after practice as Neal Pionk was in a regular uniform and will return to the lineup after missing the last three games while captain Blake Wheeler is on the shelf for some time. Normally the injury to Wheeler would have resulted in the recall of a player from Manitoba but because the Moose had a covid situation spring up on Monday so the Jets aren’t taking any risks by recalling someone, at least in time for morning skate. As a result we know they are going to use 11/7 tonight against the Sabres.
They are facing a Buffalo team that has gone 1-7-2 in their last 10 games. Of course Winnipeg is just 4-5-1 in their last 10 so they will have to have a good start out of the gate and try to prey upon a Sabres team that is just 2-7-2 on the road this season.
As per Ken Wiebe of Sportsnet it appears that Pierre-Luc Dubois and Paul Stastny are exercising their options and not participating.
Jets projected lines & D pairs:
Players media availability:
Coach media availability:
1) What has the tape shown him about the Sabres?
2) How has Adam Lowry handled all the different linemates and why is he a good option for new faces? (1:02)
3) Elements of Lowry’s game he’d like to see rub off on Harkins and Vesalainen. (2:39)
4) Has he seen more disruption coming from Harkins game? (3:09)
5) Being prepared to go after a few days away from the rink (4:05)
6) Getting off to a good start (4:52)
7) Is surgery an option for Blake Wheeler? (6:00)
8) Moose covid situation and need for a call up (6:30)
9) They could recall Heinola as he wasn’t with Moose when covid situation began (7:09)
Jets head coach Paul Maurice was asked if surgery was an option for Blake Wheeler and he said no. Instead it will be about rehab although it isn’t expected to be a short-term recovery.
Puck drop is at 7 pm CDT. Be sure to head over to illegalcurve.com following the game for a recap of the action which includes post-game interviews from Jets players as well as from head coach Paul Maurice. You can also join us afterwards for our post-game show here (be sure to smash that like/subscribe button).