The Jets will welcome a tired Devils team to town after New Jersey will be playing in their third game in four days tonight in Winnipeg. They lost 5-2 to the Sharks in San Jose and then lost last night 5-2 to the Wild in St. Paul. That is an opportunity for a Jets team that is desperate to change the narrative and add points to their standings bank. The only fortunate thing for suddenly 6th place Winnipeg is that they are still in the fray despite the free fall, sitting just three points back of 2nd place St. Louis in the Central.
Expectations are that today’s lineup will look how it did at yesterday’s practice.
According to Ken Wiebe of Sportsnet they didn’t have line rushes this morning so expectation is that the lines and D pairs will be the same as practice.
Jets projected lines & D pairs:
Players media availability:
Coach media availability:
1) His thoughts on the Devils?
2) What will be some of the indicators he’ll be looking for to see if their offence is clicking?
3) Facing a team that played the night before.
4) Coming off a three day break, expectations of being quicker mentally & physically.
5) The positivity of shot volume but not having success.
6) Has he had to change the foundation of his coaching?
7) Getting this team to be optimal.
8) Any danger to the mentality of trying to keep up with the teams in the Central?
Puck drop is at 7 pm CDT. Be sure to head over to illegalcurve.com following the game for a recap of the action which includes post-game interviews from Jets players as well as from head coach Paul Maurice. You can also join us afterwards for our post-game show here (be sure to smash that like/subscribe button).