The Jets returned to Winnipeg with a two-game win streak after they defeated the Stars and Hawks which gave them a 13-6-1 record to start the season. This matches the best ever start for the franchise.
The status of David Gustafsson remains in question as per bench boss Rick Bowness who indicated after the 7-2 win in Chicago when asked about the centre that it was “nothing serious”. Sam Gagner and Kyle Capobianco were both healthy scratches last game.
The defending Stanley Cup champs sit two points back of the Jets with a game in hand.
As per Mitchell Clinton of JetsTv we get the lines and D pairs below. You can see they’ve moved Morgan Barron to the Dubois line, dropped Axel Jonson-Fjallby to the third line and moved Mikey Eyssimont to the fourth line.
Jets bench boss Rick Bowness confirms that David Gustafsson returns to the lineup. Dominic Toninato comes out.
Jets projected lines & D pairs:
Colorado are 8-2-0 in their last ten games and are 7-3-0 on the road which is countered by Winnipeg being 7-3-0 in their last ten games and which includes an impressive 7-2-0 home record. Even without captain Gabriel Landeskog (knee surgery) and Nazim Kadri (signed with Flames during summer) the defending Stanley Cup champs are a formidable opponent and that’s why the odds are in their favour this evening. Be sure to check out the latest game day odds from Betway.
Players media availability:
Coach media availability:
1) Does David Gustafsson draw back in?
2) Morgan Barron on the top line.
3) Update on Logan Stanley?
4) Has he noticed a difference how the team has played defensively on the road vs at home?
5) Changing how they play vs Colorado tonight vs the last time.
6) What is he looking for in a winger for Dubois/Connor?
7) Where does Sam Gagner fit in?
8) What has he thought of the 2nd and 3rd D pairings?
9) Evolution of Mikko Rantanen as a player.
10) Players knowing the system 20 games in.
11) Is he happy with the production from the defence?
12) Does he take pride in the success of Josh Morrissey?
13) The team texting Morrissey on his being named 2nd Star.
14) What does Hockey Fight Cancer night mean to him?
Rick Bowness confirmed that Logan Stanley skated today. When asked how far away he is he indicated
“We’re gonna practice tomorrow and on Thursday. So we’ve gotta give him a few more days.”
Puck drop is at 7:00 pm CST. Be sure to head over to illegalcurve.com following the game for a recap of the action which includes post-game interviews from Jets players as well as from head coach Rick Bowness.
You can also join us afterwards for the Illegal Curve Post-Game Show (be sure to smash that like/subscribe button). This season you’ll have a chance to win great schwag including authentic Jets jerseys, hats, etc after every single game (For a variety of ways to enter click here).