The Jets improved to 10-6-1 with a 2-0 win. Scheifele in the first period, and Appleton into the empty net, are the goal-scorers. Laurent Broissoit was tremendous in posting the shutout.
For those who would like to take a deeper dive into the advanced stats click here to see the results from the game via Natural Stat Trick.
Mark Scheifele’s opening goal of the game gave him a nine-game points streak (and four-game goal scoring streak). Turned out to be the game-winner, which was his 29th of his career and which puts him three back of 2nd spot held by Little/Wheeler who have 32.
Mason Appleton tied his career high for goals (5) and his career high in points (10) with the empty net goal. Achieved the goal total in 29 fewer games and 20 fewer games to match his points totals.
Laurent Brossoit’s last start in Vancouver was a 1-0 shutout back on December 22, 2018 for the Jets. Before tonight it was his only NHL shutout but he repeated that feat tonight.
1. What part of Laurent Brossoit’s performance impressed him the most?
2. On Brossoit staying sharp despite long layoffs between games.
3. On the Jets play defensively against the Canucks.
4. On the ability to hold the win.
5. Importance of winning a game 1-0 game.
6. The benefits to the team for Hellebuyck/Brossoit having similar styles.
7. Neal Pionk calmly handling the puck late in the game.
The Jets are off tomorrow. They will be back on the ice on Friday as they play their third game of the road trip in BC against the Canucks. The Morning Papers will go live tomorrow at 7 am on illegalcurve.com.