The Jets did battle with the Devils last night in Winnipeg which saw the home team pick up a big 6-3 win. They now have a couple of days to get set for the Sabres who come to town on Friday.
It was a skills day today so goalies came out early to work with goalie coach Wade Flaherty, the forwards skated at noon and then after they came off the ice the defenceman came on to work on their skills with the coaches.
All forwards were present and account for except for Morgan Barron and Rasmus Kupari who wasn’t expected on the ice as he was dealing with the shoulder injury he suffered last night.
Player media interviews:
Coach media interview:
1) His relationship with Devils coach Lindy Ruff
2) How satisfying was the win? (:43)
3) Do they expect similar challenges from Buffalo? (1:21)
4) Update on Rasmus Kupari? (1:47)
5) Gabe Vilardi in a non-contact on ice for practice (2:12)
6) Did he and Lindy Ruff have a side bet? (2:54)
7) Maintenance for Morgan Barron? (3:07)
8) Will they call up a forward from the Moose? (3:10)
9) What’s his feeling towards running an 11/7 bench? (3:33)
10) His team’s response to giving up two goal lead/start of 3rd (4:29)
11) What he heard about Declan Chisholm’s two games with Moose (5:12)
It wasn’t good news on Rasmus Kupari as associate coach Scott Arniel indicated the forward would be out anywhere from 4-7 weeks with the shoulder injury.
He said it was maintenance day for Morgan Barron.
While Gabriel Vilardi was on the ice in a yellow, non-contact jersey it doesn’t mean his return date has changed as per Arniel. Because there wasn’t any banging and crashing today they were able to get him out with his teammates but you shouldn’t expect him tomorrow at practice when they resume regular practice. Seems like his timeline to return to practice with guys remains next week.
The Jets have another day of practice scheduled for tomorrow. Start your day with the Morning Papers which will go live at 7 am on illegalcurve.com and then check back for another Practice Report.