First day of practice of the regular season in Winnipeg as the Jets get ready to start the 2022-23 campaign.
Ahead of skate the Jets announced that they had placed Dominic Toninato on waivers for purposes of assignment to the Moose. One would have to think this move was necessitated by the visa issues for recently picked up Axel Jonsson-Fjallby being resolved and the return to health of Mason Appleton. Assuming Toninato passes through waivers that is gonna give Manitoba one strong AHL club.
According to Scott Billeck of the Winnipeg Sun forward Mason Appleton has ditched the non-contact uniform for a regular one and Axel Jonsson-Fjallby (wearing number 71) is also out on the ice. We get the lines and D pairs courtesy of Scott.
Lines & D pairs:
Player media availabilities:
Coach media availability:
1) How did they arrive at this final lineup?
2) The decision to waive Dominic Toninato (:35)
3) What’s his vision for the 4th line? (1:36)
4) Naming the Jets alternate captains (3:15)
5) What tilted the scales in favour of Saku Maenalanen? (3:39)
6) The decision to level out the playing minutes (4:51)
7) Where is the level of understanding from the players of his systems? (5:53)
8) What eases things…special teams/play of Connor Hellebuyck (6:45)
9) Concerns with team reverting to “old ways” (7:53)
10) What has Logan Stanley done to cement himself in top six? (8:37)
11) How is the team set up to follow his systems? (9:59)
12) Tempering expectations? (11:01)
13) Using the pre-season to springboard to game one (11:37)
14) Fostering larger leadership among players not wearing letter (12:25)
The first game of the regular season of the 2022-23 season will be tomorrow night against the Rangers here in Winnipeg.
You can start your day with the Morning Papers which go live on illegalcurve.com at 7 AM, stick with us throughout the day for updates and then join the conversation on the Illegal Curve Post-Game Show.