The Jets are coming off a disappointing loss last night in Nashville and have a tough back-to-back this weekend starting with the Bruins tomorrow afternoon followed by the Penguins on Sunday. Today the team practices in Boston.
We learned last night courtesy of Darren Dreger of TSN forward Nikolaj Ehlers suffered an MCL sprain and is listed as week to week.
The Jets won’t have to face Brad Marchand as he is dealing with an upper-body injury and has been ruled out for the game tomorrow.
As per Mitchell Clinton of JetsTV two faces are back on the ice today for Winnipeg as both Eric Comrie and Brenden Dillon are out of covid protocol and skating at the Bruins practice facility this afternoon. Sounds like a full house at the optional with the exception of Pierre-Luc Dubois and Andrew Copp who Mitch says was skating earlier.
As per Mike McIntyre of the Winnipeg Free Press he speculates that sans Dubois and Copp that Svechnikov and Reichel are placeholders. Check out the line he tweeted from Warrior Ice Arena.
Interim head coach Dave Lowry confirmed the report from Dreger last night that Ehlers is “week-to-week”.
Player media availability:
Coach media availability:
1) Was the well attended optional player driven?
2) Does he feel Blake Wheeler got in enough work today to be an option for tomorrow? (:54)
3) Status of Andrew Copp who didn’t take part in the optional (1:21)
4) Also asked about Pierre-Luc Dubois who didn’t skate (1:51)
5) Team needing to provide “run support” for Connor Hellebuyck (2:31)
6) If Wheeler does play tomorrow would he start with Scheifele? (3:22)
7) Is Brenden Dillon playing tomorrow? (4:17)
8) Can he confirm the news about Nikolaj Ehlers (4:44)
9) Ville Heinola’s path forward (5:19)
The road trip continues tomorrow afternoon in Boston with a clash against the Bruins with a 2 PM puck drop. You can start your day with the Morning Papers which go live on illegalcurve.com at 7 AM, join the Illegal Curve Hockey Show at 9 AM, stick with us throughout the day for updates and then join the conversation on the Illegal Curve Post-Game Show.