If you read note I in today’s papers you know there are still plenty of lineup questions heading into today’s practice and ahead of the first game in a week tomorrow in Detroit.
The Jets announced ahead of skate that they had reassigned 2018 5th rounder Declan Chisholm to the taxi squad from the Moose. As he didn’t make the road trip with Manitoba due to being in covid protocol I suspect he may still have been in Winnipeg.
One question has been answered by Scott Billeck of the Winnipeg Sun who indicated that Kristian Vesalainen, who was listed as day-to-day yesterday by interim head coach Dave Lowry, is skating today. Lines and D pairs as per Ken Wiebe of Sportsnet.
Harkins likely as 12th F if available
According to Sara Orlesky of TSN defenceman Dylan DeMelo is out of covid protocol and is flying to Detroit from Denver. He will be a game-time decision for the game tomorrow.
Player media availability:
Coach media availability:
1) Update on Dylan DeMelo?
2) Challenges of not knowing if he is adding 1 or 2 players for NHL debut (:41)
3) What stands out most about Declan Chisholm’s skill set? (1:17)
4) Will he slot Harkins back with Dubois/Connor or will he take a look at Cole Perfetti there? (1:51)
5) What is he expecting in 1st period after a long layoff? (2:29)
6) Does he have a game earmarked for Eric Comrie? (3:08)
7) Competitive disadvantage for the Jets due to lack of games (4:00)
The Jets finally have a game to play as they will be heading to Detroit to take on the Red Wings tomorrow. You can start your day with the Morning Papers which go live on illegalcurve.com at 7 AM, stick with us throughout the day for updates and then join the conversation on the Illegal Curve Post-Game Show.