The Jets did some flip-flopping of their forwards yesterday in practice with Andrew Copp moving to the third line and Evgeny Svechnikov moving up a line with Pierre-Luc Dubois and Kyle Connor.
To nobody’s surprise the Jets recalled 2018 2nd rounder David Gustafsson now that he has been cleared (Moose were dealing with a covid situation which was contained to one player).
As per Ken Wiebe of Sportsnet the only change from yesterday is Gustafsson slides into the 4th line centre role with Harkins moving to the wing.
Lines and D pairs:
Players media availability:
Coach media availability:
1) Why bring up David Gustafsson? (:24)
2) Gustafsson’s role at the NHL level (:47)
3) Will he use Gustafsson on the penalty kill? (1:07)
4) Using Scheifele at the end of a PK last game (1:31)
5) The highest level of energy at practice today (1:51)
6) What will he be looking for from the Copp/Lowry line (2:32)
7) Is he hoping the young guys (4th line) seize opportunity (3:39)
8) Benefit of Gustafsson/Vesalainen having chemistry from Moose days (4:20)
9) What they’ve seen from Gustafsson since he first got to Wpg (4:49)
10) Does he see a faster David Gustafsson now? (6:05)
11) Where does he see Mark Scheifele’s 200 foot game right now? (6:54)
12) More on Scheifele’s defence (specific to the Canucks game) (7:39)
13) What will it take for Scheifele and Ehlers to get going/find chemistry? (7:57)
14) Looking forward to seeing Ovechkin? (9:04)
15) On goal celebrations from Russian players (10:14)
The Jets will resume their homestand tomorrow night against the Capitals. Start your Friday with the morning papers at 7 AM, stay with us throughout the day for the latest news. Reminder we want you to join us on the Illegal Curve Post-Game Show following the final buzzer.