The Jets traveled back from western Canada on Monday after they went 3-1-0 on their four-game road trip. Today they will hit the ice as they get ready for a pair of games against the Habs.
According to Mitchell Clinton of JetsTV a few faces were missing from today’s skate including Blake Wheeler, Pierre-Luc Dubois, Josh Morrissey, Nate Thompson and Tucker Poolman. As per Ken Wiebe of Sportsnet included in the main group from the taxi squad are: Kristian Vesalainen, David Gustafsson, Logan Stanley and Nelson Nogier.
Ken also provides the lines at practice with the acknowledgement that since Copp is remaining with Lowry on the third line it is likely just maintenance for Wheeler and Dubois.
1. Having breathing room in games.
2. Update on Poolman and status of rest of players?
3. Assessment of the Habs.
4. High scoring games in the All-Canadian division.
5. How much do the standing factor for him?
6. Avoiding a team sag to prevent losing streak.
7. Being in tough, close games and the mental impact.
8. Challenge of putting together streaks of wins this season.
9. Balance of players sitting on taxi squad vs playing with the Moose.
Defenceman Tucker Poolman listed as “upper-body, day-to-day” by Jets head coach Paul Maurice. Said they need another day to evaluate and added he could be on the ice tomorrow for practice.
The Jets have another day of practice scheduled for Wednesday. Be sure to keep it locked to illegalcurve.com for the AM Papers which go live at 7 AM CT.