The Jets are coming off a 5-1 win over the Senators last night and will practice today in Winnipeg ahead of tomorrow’s concluding game of this two-game homestand against Ottawa.
The Moose got a boost this morning when the Jets reassigned Ville Heinola and Dylan Samberg to their AHL affiliate.
As per Ken Wiebe of Sportsnet forward Pierre-Luc Dubois was at today’s skate but left. Here are the lines and D pairs according to Ken who also added this “Nate Thompson (in non-contact gold) and Jansen Harkins (regular jersey) have come out onto the ice. Not participating with main group”.
Vesalainen is extra F
1. Trying different things in practice to change up the vibe.
2. Status of Pierre-Luc Dubois?
3. Thoughts on Tim Stützle.
4. Status updates on Thompson and Harkins.
5. How much do coaches keep in touch during this season?
6. Reflections on last night’s 1st period?
7. How he’s landed on his D pairings and what he likes about them?
8. Who starts tomorrow?
9. Will he go with 11/7 tomorrow or back to 11/6?
10. What is the next step for Ville Heinola and Dylan Samberg.
11. Is he happy with how involved his D has been in the offence?
Jets coach Paul Maurice said Pierre-Luc Dubois is “probable” for tomorrow against the Senators. But will need to be checked out further. Jansen Harkins and Nate Thompson both remain day-to-day. Says they will both require practice before they get back into game action.
The Jets will conclude their home series against the Senators tomorrow afternoon at 2 pm. Be sure to keep it locked to illegalcurve.com for the AM Papers which go live at 7 AM CT and the Illegal Curve Hockey Show which will be live at 9 AM CT.