It was a long two weeks off the ice for Pierre-Luc Dubois as he went through a mandatory quarantine after arriving in Winnipeg from Columbus so he was more than excited to get back on this morning with his new Jets teammates.
Players in white jerseys: Scheifele, Ehlers, Stastny, Copp, Wheeler, Vesalainen and Toninato.
Players in blue jerseys: Dubois, Connor, Lowry, Perreault, Appleton, Lewis, Gustafsson.
Defencemen: Morrissey, Beaulieu, Forbort, Pionk, DeMelo, Stanley, Poolman, Niku.
Not skating: Harkins and Thompson who are both dealing with lower-body issues.
PP1: Scheifele, Wheeler, Connor, Stastny and Morrissey.
PP2: Copp, Dubois, Ehlers, Perreault and Pionk. (Adam Lowry also working in).
Extras: Gustafsson & Toninato
Jets coach Paul Maurice says Tucker Poolman is close but working on conditioning. Slightly beyond day-to-day for Nate Thompson and Jansen Harkins. Thompson could be available for the Ottawa series. Harkins less certain.
1. Combinations and what he hopes to see
2. Importance of depth up the middle.
3. Status updates on Harkins, Thompson and Poolman
4. What can PLD bring to the 2nd power-play unit?
5. On the job Kevin Cheveldayoff has done.
6. Finding balance in the minutes across the board.
8. Can he let play dictate minutes?
The Jets should be practicing on Monday before they head to Calgary for this one-game road trip our west. Be sure to keep it locked to illegalcurve.com for the AM Papers which go live at 7 AM CT.