The Jets have played two games of this seven game homestand which started off with a big win over the Senators but includes last night’s heartbreaking last second regulation loss to the Oilers. The team had played five games in seven days and tomorrow makes six in nine so I thought they might choose to skip practice today. Instead they will have a player availability followed by an optional skate.
1. Growth in the game of Nikolaj Ehlers.
2. Advantages to moving Paul Stastny to the wing and does that require a conversation?
3. Matching up in game.
4. Trying to envision how Pierre-Luc Dubois fits in his lineup (since he’ll miss five games due to quarantine)
5. Will this addition of PLD create competition for guys who want to stay in top six?
6. How can the addition of PLD push Mark Scheifele?
7. What was the focus today after last night’s heartbreaking loss?
8. Are veteran guys more open to the move from centre to wing?
The Jets will look for a measure of revenge tomorrow night in their re-match against the Oilers. Be sure to keep it locked to illegalcurve.com for the AM Papers which go live at 7 AM CT.