The Jets are coming off a first round high of sweeping the Oilers and the low of being swept out of the second round by the Canadiens. Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff reflects on the entirety of the 2021 season as well as looking ahead to this summer and next season.
1) What does he see as the top priority in the offseason?
2) What impact does the ELC slide have on games played for Heinola?
3) Will he look back at the taxi squad usage (specific to Heinola) as an opportunity missed?
4) Players playing through injuries, rather than heal and allow young guys to play.
5) How would he assess the job performance of Paul Maurice and his coaching staff?
6) His thoughts on the season of Pierre-Luc Dubois?
7) His assessment of the Mark Scheifele hit and the suspension?
8) How tough is it to judge prospects for the 2021 NHL Draft?
9) What were the challenges for him this season?
10) Would he view this season as a success?
11) On the need to improve defence.
12) On viewing things differently given how abnormal the season was.
13) Update on Bryan Little?
14) Will he try to improve via trade?
15) Will he approach Seattle expansion differently than he did with Vegas?
16) On Mathieu Perreault not speaking at the exit interviews, is that a sign he won’t be re-signed?
17) How do they get back to having drafted players be the drivers of this team?