Remember that tonight is the IllegalCurve.com Radio Show, click here for more details on tonight’s show.
- Martin Brodeur may be on the verge of breaking a couple records, but he continues to be modest. Mike Mottau will be back in the Devils lineup tonight.
- The Islanders were the perfect tonic for the Flyers’ struggles last night, explains Katie Strang. Brendan Witt is one tough dude, just ask the Yukon that drove into him on the streets of Philly yesterday. (Registration required)
- John Tortorellla thinks Sean Avery has rediscovered his old form and, as a result, the coach has put him on the top line with Marian Gaborik and Vinny Prospal. Wade Redden may return to the lineup tonight in Chicago.
- Peter Laviollete recorded his first victory as Flyers head coach last night. Mike Richards backed up all his talk against the Islanders with a three point performance against the Islanders. Brian Boucher was good last night, which is important because Ray Emery is out for six weeks with a muscle tear. Apparently Emery was secretly dealing with this injury for a month.
- Tony Granato has done a great job coaching the Penguins’ penalty killing units this season. Dan Bylsma went to bat for his assistant coach Mike Yeo yesterday and the troubles the team’s had on the power play. Off the ice, the Penguins brought some smiles to lots of children’s faces.
- The Bruins are doing a good job of sticking up for each other this season, writes Fluto Shinzawa. Coach Claude Julien had the Bruins practice scoring goals yesterday at practice.
- Lindy Ruff is not happy with the lack of production from Tim Connolly and Derek Roy. Patrick Kaleta has no problems facing Alexander Ovechkin tonight, after superstar forward nailed him into the boards last week.
- Jaroslav Halak was the difference for the Canadiens last night, as the team was outshot considerably at Ottawa, but still came out on top. Tomas Plekanec continues to flourish in different roles than he’s played in the past. Matt D’Agostini is in Jacques Martin’s doghouse.
- Coach Cory Clouston wants his defense to get shots through from the point a lot better. The Senators were horrible on the power play yesterday, and it may have cost them the game. Alexei Kovalev may want to start shooting the puck.
- David Shoalts talks about the Leafs successfully minding the gap between forwards and defense. The Leafs held an outdoor practice yesterday for the fans. Remember that Brian Burke’s self-imposed trade deadline begins tonight.
- Nikolai Antropov has always been told to shoot more, but he just feels more comfortable passing. The Thrashers visit the Flames tonight.
- Paul Maurice said his decision to healthy scratch Rod Brind’Amour was not long term.
- What’s the deal with all the bizarre injuries in Florida? The Panthers have once again waived Ville Koistinen.
- Rick Tocchet indirectly called out his best players on Tuesday. Check out the new Lightning lines.
- Corey Masisak wonders if Mike Green will make Team Canada? Former Capitals owner Abe Pollin’s legacy was honored last night.
If you are looking for a holiday gift and want to support IllegalCurve, take a look at our touques that can be purchased for only $9.99 plus shipping. Also, if you want to add IllegalCurve on Twitter, click here.