1. What does he make of the Jets current situation?
“Cheveldayoff is in that group of general managers looking to add a piece or pieces to his defensive core. It’s not easy when you’ve got the uncertainty of the Dustin Byfuglien situation still an active file. That’s what it is and there really is no update there. Because of long-term injury to Bryan Little and Lowry’s out long-term, if he can juggle the cap, then I wouldn’t be surprised if Cheveldayoff tries to add a forward as well. But at least between now and the trade deadline his focus starts with doing something to help that blueline and then he’ll be open for business on other matters as well.
2. In order to make a move would it require movement off the current roster?
3. How would he characterize Paul Maurice’s seat right now with the Jets?
“I think he’s 100% fine. I mean nobody within that organization Andrew is happy with the stretch of games and the end result, I mean that’s pretty obvious and that includes Paul Maurice, his entire coaching staff and obviously Cheveldayoff and ownership on top of that but I still see a long future with Paul Maurice and the Winnipeg Jets”.
“…but what I do know is that Paul Maurice as head coach of the Winnipeg Jets still has the support of his general manager and just as importantly has the support of ownership.”
4. Is there a sense the Dustin Byfuglien situation will be resolved before the trade deadline?
“Even though the Players Association filed the grievance there has nothing been set yet and I think the Players Association are very much in a wait and see mode”
“I don’t believe he is skating even though a week, ten days, two weeks ago it seemed like that was the next step in his rehab was that he was going to step out on the ice, go for a twirl and test the repair work done to his ankle and see how he feels. I don’t believe he has done that.”
5. Is this potentially gonna be a lost campaign and major work in off season?
All audio courtesy of TSN 1290 Winnipeg.
Latest posts by David Minuk (see all)
- Winnipeg Jets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff trade deadline day presser - February 24, 2020
- Winnipeg Jets reassign Logan Shaw to Manitoba Moose in order to make him eligible for remainder of AHL season - February 24, 2020
- Winnipeg Jets don’t make any moves on Trade Deadline day - February 24, 2020