- It appears that the Hurricanes are returning to Stanley Cup form. Eric Staal scores two goals and Cam Ward allows just one late third period goal. They ice the Penguins 4-1.
- Rick Nash is the MONSTER of the night with 4 points. The Blue Jackets shutout the Stanley Cup Ducks 4-0. Goalie Pascal Leclaire puts up 28 saves for the shutout. Are the Ducks experiencing jetlag, or are they missing Scott Niedermayer and Teemu Selanne?
- The New York Islanders “Free Agent Line” of Comrie, Guerin and Fedotenko combines for 10 points in a 6-4 win over the Sabres.
- Offseason accquisitions Michael Nylander and Viktor Kozlov pay immediate dividends for the Islanders, they boink the Thrashers 3-1.
- Dallas defeats Boston 4-1. Mike Modano scores a point, he is now within five of former Jet Phil Housley for most points by an American.
- Jeremy Roenick shows that he still has a pulse. He scores two goals to reach 497 for his career. The San Jose Sharks win 3-1 vs VANCOUVER (as it says on their new jerseys)
- The off season aggressiveness of Kevin Lowe has earned him a multi year extension with the Edmonton Oilers. Could they have done this to spite Brian Burke? He can’t be happy about this.
- Here are the top paid players at each position. Offseason signees Danny Briere, Thomas Vanek and Scotty Gomez top the list at $10 million per season each.
- After struggling on the power play versus the Sens, The Maple Leafs have been working on a new strategy