Its that time of the week again. Here are the top three performing Winnipeg Jets prospects from last week:
1. Spencer Machacek (St. John’s IceCaps) – Machacek put up four points (all assists) as the IceCaps twice defeated the visiting Connecticut Whale. The two wins improved the IceCaps record to 11-2-3 for a league leading 25 points.
2. Michael Forney (Colorado Eagles)- The Eagles had another so so weekend in losing a 5-4 game to Utah and then dropping them 3-1 on Saturday night. Forney figured prominently in both games, notching 2 goals Friday night and a goal and an assist in the Saturday night win. He is performing at a high level and may yet see time in St. John’s. I am pulling for him, as he had a promising future not long ago.
3. Zach Yuen (Tri-City Americans)– The Americans had a good week, piling up wins over Medicine Hat, Kootenay and Lethbridge. Yuen, a Jets’ 4th rounder, went 1-1 and a +2 with 6 PIMs, in helping his team keep pace with the Saskatoon Blades.
Latest posts by Kyle Kosior (see all)
- Winnipeg Jets Waiver Wire acquisition – Assessment of James Wright - January 18, 2013
- A Proposal for the CHL-NCAA Battle - July 10, 2012
- The Jets First-Round Selection - June 21, 2012