What team beat writers are saying this afternoon:
- The Ducks are a confident bunch heading into Nashville on Tuesday. That’s a huge game on Tuesday night, especially with the Predators missing Jason Arnott. The game is for the taking for Anaheim, so long as they match Nashville’s work ethic.
- After yesterday’s big win over Jersey, the Bruins don’t play next until Saturday. Sure you want rest going into the playoffs, but you also want momentum. It is certainly a balancing act, but I can bet Claude Julien would like to be playing today or tomorrow.
- Ryan Miller went through a full pads practice today for Buffalo. Miller is the key to any Sabres’ run for the playoffs. He should thank the other teams around the Sabres for playing so poorly that Buffalo still has a legitimate shot.
- Adrian Dater with an interesting read on his conversation with an Avs blogger. Dater’s posts about blogging are always very insightful. Good read.
- Dave Staples isn’t happy with Ethan Moreau’s play. The Oilers are a middle-of-the-road team, playing like a middle-of-the-road team.
- Some off-the-ice hijinks took place between the Kings and Penguins but nothing came out it. Just some heated reaction to Malkin’s elbow.
- Mike Sauer has been called up to the Rangers replace injured defenseman Michal Rozsival. Apparently he is a hitting machine.
- James Gordon looks at the Senators’ remaining schedule and the slim chance of the a playoff run. The way that team is playing (and more importantly how poorly the teams in front of them are playing), anything is possible.
- Alexander Semin not on the ice for Capitals practice. He usually has some small injury.