What team beat-writers are saying this afternoon:
- The Thrashers’ lines remained the same at practice today as they were last night against Tampa Bay. Anderson clearly wants to give his players more time together to see if they can mesh.
- Ken Klee has cleared waivers for the Ducks and is expected to be sent down to Iowa of the AHL. Just confirms that the Schneider trade was a full out salary dump.
- Sabres defenseman Craig Rivet is out for two weeks after undergoing knee surgery. Big loss for the Sabres, but it’s not for too long.
- Here were the Hurricanes’ lines at practice today. I know how much our readers love line combinations.
- Mark Parrish has signed a tryout contract with the Islanders’ AHL affiliate in Bridgeport. They could use some offense I guess but isn’t there supposed to be a youth movement on the Island?
- Brian Lee is out tonight, as Luke Richardson draws in for his first action of the season. When the times are tough, coaches generally opt for experience over youth.
- Lee Stempniak and Patrik Berglund return to the line-up tonight for St. Louis. Good news for Blues fans.
- Lightning winger Radim Vrbata left practice today with a slight limp. No word on if he will miss any action.